At Swimart, our mission is To Fight for Clean Water. We are in the business of water and we want to revolutionise and improve our customer’s experience and satisfaction with one clean pool at a time. Proudly Australian-owned, we are part of the public-listed Waterco Group with a network of over 70 stores across Australia and New Zealand. Having embarked on a journey from Good to Great, we are looking for an experienced Store Manager for our Greenlane Swimart store.
We are proud to be an accredited Living Wage employer.
About the role
As a Store Manager, you will be responsible for the profitable management and growth of the business in line with company budgets and K.P.I’s. This includes the day to day store and field operations, staff rostering, supervision and management, stock ordering and control and all administration duties. You will manage a team of 5-6 staff including both retail assistants and Pool technicians.
- You take pride in being well organised and able to provide great customer service and resolve operational issues on a timely basis.
- You would have outstanding communication skills, people leadership and coaching sills to successfully drive sales and lead a team from good to great.
- Great time management and organisational skills
- Supervise and train staff and conduct regular appraisals of work performance
- Ability to carry out / supervise all administrative duties including staff rosters, debt collection, stock receipting and maintenance of customer databases.
- Follow all OHS procedures and provide a safe workplace for staff members and the public in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Manage and report on the store’s operating budget and expenditure, ensuring costs are contained within approved budget levels.
- Review, monitor, evaluate and report on store’s retail performance in accordance to set budgets, K.P.I’s and industry standards.
- Accurate record keeping
- Retail management experience
- Be motivated and hardworking.
- Have the ability to work unsupervised with great time management skills.
- Be willing to provide exceptional customer service.
- Have good communication skills and a friendly, outgoing personality.
- Have your own car and a full driver’s licence.
- Be proficient working with computers in general. Knowledge and experience in Vend and Xero would be beneficial but not essential.
- Be willing to work weekends on a fortnightly rotation.
How to apply
Hand your CV to a staff member or email NZcareers@swimart.co.nz.